Monday, September 2, 2013

Make Your Own Kale Chips!

Recently I've been making more vegan friendly food and I came across this kale chip recipe which I tried over the weekend. I was surprised how tasty the kale chips turned out so I thought I'd share. It's very easy too! 

Ingredients
1 bunch of kale 
1 bell pepper (any colour you like, I used yellow)
1 cup walnuts (soaked over night and drained)
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbs lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper




I could only find pre-cut kale, but if you can get whole leaves it's much better and you get better results, just be sure to remove the stems. 







Method...



Pulse all the ingredients, except the kale, in a food processor until everything in incorporated. 













Place the kale leaves in a bowl and add the walnut mixture. Coat the leaves thoroughly with the mixture. 

Spread the kale over a wire oven rack, spacing them out. 









Bake in the oven at 94 degrees Celsius, or 200 Fahrenheit, for 2 to 3 hours, or until crisp.


Voila! Healthy and tasty :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment